Monday, July 14, 2014

Love You Watercolour Butterflies Layout

Hello Everyone
Today I'm sharing a layout I created using watercolours.  This was one of those layouts that ended up going in a totally different direction than I had originally planned.  It was completely inspired by my daughter's dress.  I wanted to create a background that mimicked her dress.  Once I had created my background and started putting down the photos it wasn't looking right to me.  It was too much.  I then went to a white base and punched out a couple of butterflies that I was going to use as embellishments.  I grabbed a bunch of paper scraps that had the colours I wanted and started placing them in behind my photo.  I finally got it the way that was pleasing to my eyes.  I die cut the title with an Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday die set using my water-colour pattern I had created.  I decided on a whim to punch out the rest of the water coloured paper as well.  I was working on top of my layout and as I punched the butterflies they were landing all over it.....This is how this layout came about.  So next time a layout isn't working for you just let it be and see where the layout takes you! :)







Thank you for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'
Mandy Reedyk

No comments:

Post a Comment