Today I'm sharing a layout I created using watercolours. This was one of those layouts that ended up going in a totally different direction than I had originally planned. It was completely inspired by my daughter's dress. I wanted to create a background that mimicked her dress. Once I had created my background and started putting down the photos it wasn't looking right to me. It was too much. I then went to a white base and punched out a couple of butterflies that I was going to use as embellishments. I grabbed a bunch of paper scraps that had the colours I wanted and started placing them in behind my photo. I finally got it the way that was pleasing to my eyes. I die cut the title with an Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday die set using my water-colour pattern I had created. I decided on a whim to punch out the rest of the water coloured paper as well. I was working on top of my layout and as I punched the butterflies they were landing all over it.....This is how this layout came about. So next time a layout isn't working for you just let it be and see where the layout takes you! :)
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'