Friday, February 13, 2015

LOVE YOU - Frosted Designs Friday Challenge 2-13-15 - Get Messy x2

Hello Everyone! :)

Today's Friday Challenge for Frosted Designs is Get Messy x2!  So get out those Gelatos, acrylic paints, molding paste, watercolours, ink and mists and try it on your next project.

I created a layout with a thin coat of Gesso on my 12x12 white card stock.  I then took a heart stencil and molding paste and "scattered" hearts all over my page.  Once that was completely dry I took out my watercolours and created an ombre effect with pinks (lightest on top of the page).
I wanted something more on my page and didn't want to use any other papers to my page so I took out my Gessos and drew and big heart going off the page.  I used a pink Gesso and added some gold.
After that I decided I wanted to add more texture and for me lately it's been with stitching.  I pierced holes where I had drawn my big heart and stitched it with white DMC floss.  I cut down my card stock by about 1/2" all around and matted it twice with a piece of gold card stock and then another 12x12 white card stock.  I die cut the word LOVE and used Thickers for the YOU for my title.  I also die cut different sized hearts with gold card stock and scattered them all over my page.  Finally I took out my Gold mist and added some small droplets to my page.











So now it's your turn!  You can head on over to the Frosted Designs Blog and link up your take on this 'GET MESSY x2' Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'! :)



1 comment: