Monday, February 16, 2015

Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Members Blog Hop - Inspired By ... U2

Hello Everyone

This is my layout for the Scrap Your Scraps group layout for the 'Someone or Something that has been a big part or influenced You' Blog Hop Post (the links for the other participants are at the end of this post).

As I was doing my daily walk one morning (this is where a lot of my thinking happens! ;)) and listening to U2's thirteenth studio album "Age Of Innocence" I was taken back to my early teenage years and when I started listening and loving U2 in 1983.  The songs are very reminiscent of their early work and I started to think about the fact that they (their music and humanitarism) have been a part of my life for over 30 years!  Their music has always 'spoken' to me and through them I became aware of groups like Amnesty International.  Their music is something that I have always connected with.  I wanted to document this (my love for U2) in a layout.  So this was the story behind how our Scrap Your Scrap blog post came to life.

For the layout I created a silhouette cut file with U2 welded over and over again (11x11) on white card stock.  I then took out a Cocoa Daisy kit from May 2013 that had a lot of the Basic Grey Hipster line and Cocoa Daisy's exclusive papers that had a side that had retro cassettes.  I printed my journaling on kraft card stock.  I really didn't put a title on my page as I thought that the background did it.  The rest of the embellishments are also from the Cocoa Daisy kit as well.  The photos are just a couple of 4x4 photo collages of their album covers.






Hope I have inspired you to create a layout about something or someone that has influenced you since your early years.  I think it's something that generations will be happy to read about the person that created all the beautiful and loving scrapbook albums we all are creating for them.

Here are the other Design Team Member's blog post for this Blog Hop, Hop on over and see their great posts!






Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!
Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Member

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! LOVING how you did that background!! I was a roadie for them during the Rattle and Hum tour ...wayyyyyyy back in the day! :)

    ReplyDelete