Friday, February 27, 2015

Thanks So Much Card - Frosted Designs Friday Challenge 2-27-15

************This is 2 of 2 posts today************



Hello Everyone! :)

Today's Friday Challenge for Frosted Designs is Handmade Flowers & Recycled Materials.  I will be completely honest and tell you that I had an extremely difficult time with this challenge!  For those who have gotten to know my work you know that this is not something that would be up my alley!  So in fact this really was a challenge for me.  I made me go out of my comfort zone.  I really don't flowery things in my stash of paper crafting products.  I created this card with cardstock and some stamping along with some dies.  The base is stamped with a woodgrain  background stamp and layered with a hexagon die just a little smaller than the card base. The handmade flowers on my card were created with a die that has 3 different sized 4-petal flowers.  I layered them on together after die cutting and breaking the fibres of the card stock to make them more pliable.  I finished them off each with a clear rhinestone brad in the centres.  I die cut the leaves and the butterflies as well to add some layers and interest to the card.  I added my sentiment by stamping it on a piece of white cardstock with and die cutting it with a banner die.  I finished the card with adding three more small butterflies and a sentiment on the inside.




So now it's your turn!  You can head on over to the Frosted Designs Blog and link up your take on this 'Handmade Flowers & Recycled Material' Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'! :)





4 comments: