Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mama Elephant Card With Mixed Media Background


Hello Everyone

Today I'm sharing a card I created that started off with my wanting to use some of my mixed media stuff that I have.  I started off with a plain piece of white card stock.  I laid down a thin coat of gesso. Once that was completely dried I put my stencil down and used some modeling paste with it.  Then when that was completely dried I took my watercolours and did a wash over the card stock.

I used my Mama Elephant tag die and die cut a section of my mixed media paper.  The layers of the card are also die cut using Mama Elephant dies.  I also used the cloud border die from Mama Elephant.  My cute critter is stamped and die cut using the Up and Away sets.  I used a heart balloon die to die cut my three balloons and attached them with twine.

Hope I have inspired you to use more mixed media on your cards!  It give them a lot of texture without a lot of bulk which makes it easy to mail. :)







Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'! :)

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, Mandy! Would you please contact me regarding the DT at Little Red Wagon? You can email me at joanne@joanneburton.ca Thanks!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy this is so fun and cute. Love the heart balloons on the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete