Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Little Red Wagon Challenge #330 - Flurry Friends

Hello Everyone

This week's Little Red Wagon Challenge #330 is "Furry Friends" :) Jan wanted to see some cute animal themed projects! :)  

This is the card I created for this challenge!  I LOVE how it turned out!! :)  I used five different distress inks on a watercolour cardstock and then sprayed water on it.  I blotted the water off after about 30 seconds to get the background look.  I got this technique by watching Nichol Spohr Magouirk as well as Kristina Werner videos.  They have done this technique a few times and I wanted to try it!  I then die cut the watercolour cardstock with Pretty Pink Posh's Exclusive rectangle scallop die and popped the framed part with some foam tape (another technique I got from Nichol).  I then coloured my Mama Elephant Playful Pup with similar Promarker markers as kind of paint splatters on his fur as he "rolled" around the wet watercolour background!  The sentiment I think is perfect for this 'PLAYFUL PUP'!!  And of course I added a few clear sequins to finish the card off!

  

Please head on over to the other LRW Girlfriends' blogs and see the wonderful projects they did for this weeks challenge.  The links for their blogs are along the sidebar of my blog.  You can also check them out on the Little Red Wagon blog and then link your projects based on the weekly challenges as well.  We love seeing your creations!!! :) 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'! :)

Mandy
Little Red Wagon Design Team Member

4 comments:

  1. Look at all those fabulous colours! Such a cool background and a lovely card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used Mandy! This turned out great! I need to try some watercolor backgrounds, I really like this technique a lot! Great card friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this technique. Watercolor/distress is my current fav...your's turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I think I must try that watercolour technique.

    ReplyDelete