Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Little Red Wagon #335 Watercolour Happy Birthday

Hello Everyone

I'm excited to be hosting this week's Little Red Wagon Challenge #335!   Watercolour techniques and styles are very much still a big thing right now in cards still and I have been really into creating cards with watercolours/distress inks etc.  

This is the card I created for this challenge!  I LOVE how it turned out!! :)  I used four different distress inks on a watercolour yardstick using the smooshing technique I've seen Kristina Werner do on her cards.  I used a Mama Elephant sentiment in Archival black ink that works well with watercolours.  I have had these music note sequins in my stash for years and thought they would look cute to finish off this card.  I used one of my stitched rectangles that is one size smaller than my card base and then adhered it with fun foam on the back to pop it off the card base.



Please head on over to the other LRW Girlfriends' blogs and see the wonderful projects they did for this weeks challenge.  The links for their blogs are along the sidebar of my blog.  You can also check them out on the Little Red Wagon blog and then link your projects based on the weekly challenges as well.  We love seeing your creations!!! :) 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'! :)

Mandy
Little Red Wagon Design Team Member

7 comments:

  1. Love this! I have been playing with watercolour too.....so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have been playing with watercolour too.....so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid card, Mandy! The background is way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I love the artful way you did the watercolouring. And of course, the notes are a huge hit. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. I need to try this new technique too. Thanks for the great challenge. It stretched my comfort zone and I loved it. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful birthday card with those delicate water colors! I really like how you put this together! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using watercolor as the background for text and the addition of those tiny music notes is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete