Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Little Red Wagon #352 Christmas In July Lawn Fawn Slider Card

Hello Everyone

This week's Little Red Wagon Challenge #352 is hosted by Sandy and it's "Christmas in July!"...Anything related to christmas   :) 

So what's more appropriate than an adorable penguin skating into the holidays!!! This is another card I used my Lawn Fawn products for.  I mixed products from previous and the newest release.  The newest release has the awesome slider dies that make creating these slider cards so much earlier than before.  

I started off with using the largest of the smaller set of rectangle cross stitched on a piece of watercolour card stock.  I white heat embossed snow flakes on it and them went over it with tumbled glass distress ink with my blender tool.  I stamped my sentiment with black ink as well as the ice my penguin is skating on.  I used Copic markers to colour my penguin and shade the ice a bit.  I used one of the small slider dies for one the ice so that the penguin could skate.  I also added glossy accents to the ice to make it seem icey :)   I finished off the card with adding some dew drops from Pretty Pink Posh.

Please head on over to the other LRW Girlfriends' blogs and see the wonderful projects they did for this weeks challenge.  The links for their blogs are along the sidebar of my blog.  You can also check them out on the Little Red Wagon blog and then link your projects based on the weekly challenges as well.  We love seeing your creations!!! :) 






Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin'! :)

Mandy
Little Red Wagon Design Team Member

6 comments:

  1. I love how you hid the slider portion by stamping the iceberg on the under portion too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mandy! What a great card - i had to take a second look because your slider is so perfect I didn't see it at first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A slider - so cool! And the fact that it's "hidden" is so clever! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love slider cards, and yours is adorable Mandy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, so sweet. I love action cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! And how fun that your penguin moves too! Love the dew drops as well!

    ReplyDelete